cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Zara
Level III

Time series

Is there any special module for visualizing continuous process profile as time series and not discrete measures?

Data manager and production analyst
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GregF_JMP
Staff

Re: Time series

If you are intending to just visualize process parameters that may be recorded on different time bases, graph builder can do this.
Compile a single data table, making sure that the "time" variable is numeric, continuous.   Other variables (tags) should each be in their own column, but there does not need to be a reading present for all tags at each time interval (some can be 'missing').

Graph builder has cosmetic options to connect the line segments between points within a column (tag).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Perhaps you could provide some more context on the practical problem at hand and the data you are hoping to use? But right off the top of my head two places to look in JMP based on what you have shared so far is the Time Series and Functional Data Explorer platforms.

Time Series: Time Series in JMP 

Functional Data Explorer: Functional Data Explorer in JMP Pro 

Zara
Level III

Thanks a lot, I have checked time series , does not work for my purpose, I will check on the functional data explorer to see if it works.

The context of data is production time series from the back end of PI system, so the time stamps are not as regular control system and frequency base. I need to have tag profile over time for a series of tags (process parameters), the difference make me need to have both time and value for each parameter to have the graphs. I can make it one at the time but then the interaction between parameters can not be seen over time.

Data manager and production analyst
GregF_JMP
Staff

If you are intending to just visualize process parameters that may be recorded on different time bases, graph builder can do this.
Compile a single data table, making sure that the "time" variable is numeric, continuous.   Other variables (tags) should each be in their own column, but there does not need to be a reading present for all tags at each time interval (some can be 'missing').

Graph builder has cosmetic options to connect the line segments between points within a column (tag).