cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
scott1588
Level IV

Tabulate Does Not Transfer Column Data To Table

I have a script below that takes several columns of data, summarizes them in Tabulate, and then makes a data table. It all works fine except the last column. The Tabulate table has data in the "Cal Period" Column. But when it creates the table, The "Cal Period" column is always blank. No data is transferred.

What's even more strange is that when I run the Source script attached to the table, it recreates the Tabulate table and creates a new data table and the "Cal Period" data shows up in the new table! I even tried copying and pasting the Source script into Script Editor to run it from there and once again, no data.

I'm really stumped on this. Can anyone provide some insight?

dt1 = Data Table( "Test" );
dtab = dt1 << Tabulate(
	show control panel( 0 ),
	Uniform Plot Scale( 0 ),
	Set Format( N( 9, "Best" ) ), 

Add Table(
		Column Table( Analysis Columns( :"Timestamp + 1m"n ), Statistics( Max ) ),
		Column Table( Grouping Columns( :"Flaring Flag C>0 [CALC]"n ) ),
		Column Table( Analysis Columns( :"Flare Count C>0 [CALC]"n ), Statistics( Min, Max ) ),
		Column Table( Analysis Columns( :"Flaring Event C>0 [CALC]"n ), Statistics( Max ) ),
		Column Table( Analysis Columns( :"15m Steam C>0"n ), Statistics( Mean ) ),
		Column Table( Analysis Columns( :"15m VG C>0"n ), Statistics( Mean ) ),
		Column Table( Analysis Columns( :"15m NHVvg C>0"n ), Statistics( Mean ) ),
		Column Table( Analysis Columns( :"Cal Period"n ), Statistics( Mean ) ), 

Row Table( Grouping Columns( :Day, :Hour, :Minute ) )
	)
//	invisible
);

dt2 = dtab << Make Into Data Table;
dt2 << set name( "15m Table C>0" );
dt2 << set header height( 100 );
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
scott1588
Level IV

Re: Tabulate Does Not Transfer Column Data To Table

Sorry. I solved the problem. It was a dumb JSL error later in the script. I'm not sure how to delete the post but I have it figured out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
scott1588
Level IV

Sorry. I solved the problem. It was a dumb JSL error later in the script. I'm not sure how to delete the post but I have it figured out.

txnelson
Super User

I have not been able to replicate your findings.  What JMP version are you using?  Could you attach a sample data table?

Jim