Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
xm
xm
Level II

Stop charts from being automatically resized to fit screen

Hello, JMP experts,

I'm requesting your aid once again, after a lot of searching online and in the manuals without success. I've written a script that processes a lot of data, generates charts, dumps the charts into a JRN, and saves the JRN to HTML. Pretty standard JMP.

One of the charts (in this case, graph builder) needs to be very wide, as it's doing a visual comparison of a case across several conditions. Often this means the chart ends up wider than my screen. Much to my frustration, when I run the script, the chart is automatically resized to fit the screen, despite me specifying the desired x and y values. I have to manually resize the chart in the JRN file to get it to be of any use.

The Question: is there a way to force JMP to apply the x/y sizes that I specified in the script instead of blindly (and infuriatingly!) adjusting to screen size?

I've attached a random example dataset with a Graph Builder script to illustrate what I mean. I'm using JMP 11.2. Thanks very much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Stop charts from being automatically resized to fit screen

Hi XM,

You will need to turn auto stretching off if you want to make the output larger than your display (included in the code below). You can also turn off auto stretching in your preferences under Platforms > Graph Builder and you won't have to change any of your code.

I hope this helps!

julian

Graph Builder(

Size( 2500, 700 ),

Auto Stretching( 0 ),

Show Control Panel( 0 ),

Variables( X( :X ), Y( :Y ), Group X( :Condition ), Color( :Result ) ),

Elements( Contour( X, Y, Legend( 6 ) ) )

)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
xm
xm
Level II

Oops. Here's the attachment.

julian

Hi XM,

You will need to turn auto stretching off if you want to make the output larger than your display (included in the code below). You can also turn off auto stretching in your preferences under Platforms > Graph Builder and you won't have to change any of your code.

I hope this helps!

julian

Graph Builder(

Size( 2500, 700 ),

Auto Stretching( 0 ),

Show Control Panel( 0 ),

Variables( X( :X ), Y( :Y ), Group X( :Condition ), Color( :Result ) ),

Elements( Contour( X, Y, Legend( 6 ) ) )

)

xm
xm
Level II

Wow, Julian! I did not even know there was such an option. It was nowhere in the manuals.

Thank you, you amazing person!

julian

You're so welcome! I'm glad I could help.

Julian