cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
satellite
Level I

Stop JMP from creating new windows

With my recent job change came a switch from JMP8 to JMP14. Being a profilic JMP user and a fan for the past 8 years I appreciate the tool upgrades. But in no time was I swimming in a gazillion windows. How do I prevent JMP from opening a new window for every operation on a table (such as plotting graphs or manipulating data sets)? Is it inherent to the new interface? How do I turn it off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Stop JMP from creating new windows

Under JMP 14, open a JMP Project.  Then your project will look and feel much like JMP 8 did.  All data table and outputs created from within the project will be encapsulated withing the single project window.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Under JMP 14, open a JMP Project.  Then your project will look and feel much like JMP 8 did.  All data table and outputs created from within the project will be encapsulated withing the single project window.

Jim
pauldeen
Level VI

If you are on windows I recommend you go into the preferences, windows specific and turn on dock window list when maximized (at the bottom). Then maximize JMP and you will get a list on the left where the most recent table you worked on is at the top and then the most recent report belonging to a table is indented and at the top.