cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Evan_Morris
Level IV

Stacked Sum bar chart with overlay and Line Sum graph without overlay

I have a stacked bar chart that I am having some issues with.  I want to see the partial contributions of each participant, some positive, some negative, and I would like to see the grand sum as well.

To see the individual contributions I use the overlay to split them out.  But if I do that then I can't see the grand Sum.  See below:

Evan_Morris_0-1620941654963.png

So what I would like would be for the bottom graph to just be the sum line not split out by the overlay.   The other solution I've come up with is a nested graphlet, but that really doesn't work for me.    I've been looking at the JSL for a bit and it doesn't seem like you can select which property/Y the overlay applies to, but I'm not certain. 

I know I could create a window with a V list box with two separate graphs.  That's really my last resort option.   The absolute best option would be to have the Total Sum Line Graph sitting on top of the Stacked Sum Bar Chart with Overlay. 

Is there an easy way to do this?  I know I've seen some custom code on here for adding total labels to the graph, but to be perfectly honest that's a bit beyond me. 

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: Stacked Sum bar chart with overlay and Line Sum graph without overlay

You should be able to remove the effect of Overlay selection from different plot types.

Example from Big Class with one value changed to negative:

jthi_3-1621150227228.png

-Jarmo