Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jonkandonkan
Level II

Sphericity test for RM-ANOVA in Univariate approach

Hi

As I know it, there is no test to get the Mauchly sphericity test when doing RM-ANOVA in the Univariate approach. 

Is there any way to get this, instead of doing the analysis in the MANOVA approach? Since I want to do post-hoc tests in the univariate format directly in the same output. Any add-in or any other approach I easily can investigate sphericity (and, if needed, get the adjusted F-values?). 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sphericity test for RM-ANOVA in Univariate approach

In Fit Model's MANOVA personality, you can obtain the Mauchly sphericity test as well as Greenouse-Geisser and Huynh-Feldt adjusted F tests. See the documentation for a quick example and this Knowledge Base article for more details on repeated measures analyses in JMP.

Ross Metusalem
JMP Academic Ambassador
Jonkandonkan
Level II

Thanks. However, my question was if its possibly in the univariate (split) approach and not the MANOVA. 

Thanks for the clarification, and apologies for misreading your original question. The short answer is no, the univariate approach does not provide sphericity tests and adjustments, and I'm not aware of an add-in or other easy workaround.

Ross Metusalem
JMP Academic Ambassador