cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Shujinko
Level III

Specific Prediction Expression for Nonlinear Platform

I have nicely fit an exponential function to my data and want to get the literal prediction expression.  However, the prediction expressions on the Specialized Modeling --> Nonlinear platform only seem to be in a generalized sense.  

How do I get the actual values, as I would in something like the Fit Y by X platform?  I did use the Fit Y by X to get actual values for the equation and found that I needed to specifically fit a 3rd degree exponential, but the fit wasn't as nice looking as with the Nonlinaer platform.  

First picture:  Specialized Modeling --> Nonlinear --> Exponential 3P

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 1.58.33 PM.png

2nd Picture:  Fit Y by X --> Fit Special --> 3 Cubic, Exponential

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 2.01.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 2.01.40 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Specific Prediction Expression for Nonlinear Platform

Hi,

Sorry if my answer is naive, but if I understand your question, you simply need to write a formula in a new column following the equation model of the Exponential 3P where you replace the a, b, and c terms with the Estimates for Asymptote, Scale, and Growth Rate, respectively.

0.9588207 + -1.457947 * Exp( -2.401479 * :Log Hall Depression )

Does that make sense?

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi,

Sorry if my answer is naive, but if I understand your question, you simply need to write a formula in a new column following the equation model of the Exponential 3P where you replace the a, b, and c terms with the Estimates for Asymptote, Scale, and Growth Rate, respectively.

0.9588207 + -1.457947 * Exp( -2.401479 * :Log Hall Depression )

Does that make sense?

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
Shujinko
Level III

I hadn't noticed that since I just started using the Nonlinear platform.  Thanks!

The Parameter Estimates table presents the values from the nonlinear regression. What more do you want?