cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MGG
MGG
Level II

Space Filling DOE, with Fast Flexible Filling, using table Constraint of factor2(factor1,factor3) to limit DOE space.

Hi there.

I'm having a knightmare setting constraints in JMP for a Space Filling DOE. I want to explore the DOE space fully, but without driving test samples to failure. So, I have generated a table to set maximum limits of one of the factors as a function of another 2 factors. I don't seem to be able to use the table directly, so am trying Use Disallowed Combinations Script. Trying a bicubic equation, with constraint as factor2 < bicubic poly(factor1, factor3). I just run into some character limit. Also there might be a bug with ">" getting read as "<".

Help!

10 REPLIES 10
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Space Filling DOE, with Fast Flexible Filling, using table Constraint of factor2(factor1,factor3) to limit DOE space.

Nice! It seems a shame that you have to go between JMP and spreadsheet. But whatever it takes to get the job done, I guess. It does feel like it should be possible to do all of it within JMP. I am sure Stuart can help when he is back. It could make the basis of a nice case study, if you are able to find a way to present this without divulging sensitive info.