cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Single data points not displayed when using axis column properties

I have an issue while using JMP for process tracking on various groups of data. The data sets can be of any length or width depending on when certain characterization is finished. For a particular field, I use <<set column property() to default the axis to log scale when using the graph builder. 

For this log scale parameter I get the following outcomes depending on how many data points are in the data set. 

1. More than one data point. Log scale displays correctly

2. Zero data points. Log scale displays correctly

3. One data point. There are no max or min values for the scale and no data points are displayed

All of these cases get the same code to define Axis properties 

Set Property(
	"Axis",
	{Show Minor Labels( 1 ), Scale( "Log" ), Min( Col Min( Parameter#1 ) /10 ), Max( Col Max(  Parameter#1 ) * 10 ), Inc( 1 ),
	Minor Ticks( 1 ), Label Row( {Minor Grid Line Color( 32 ), Show Major Grid( 1 ), Show Minor Grid( 1 )} )}

);

When I look at the column properties via column info, all the values look correct but when graphed I get nothing.

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Single data points not displayed when using axis column properties

It appears to me that what is going on, is that JMP does not set the min and max correctly when only 1 value is there.

In my example, if I scroll down to the value range for the one data value, it is displayed

scroll.PNG

Jim

Jim, 

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I need it to work with a column switcher which will always default to this issue when switching between fields. I might put an if statement that uses linear scaling for single points and log for multiple points.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

This does appear to be a bug. I've reported it and we'll work to address it in a future release.

-Jeff