cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ole
Ole
Level III

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

Hi, I tried to set up the connection to google in order to be able to access google sheets. When try it I get an error message "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app".

It has worked before on another computer (and with that computer I'm still connected).

According to an internet search I found that google did some changes and that there are actions required from the app owners:

"Google have recently increased the security on Google Accounts by denying access to many apps and services that previously had access to google accounts. Google announced forthcoming changes to how apps sign in and gain access to your Google account several months ago, to give app developers plenty of time to conform to googles requirements regarding account access.
If an app/service is showing the 'temporarily disabled' then the app developers need to work on getting their app verified by google in order to use Google Sign In. "

Is there any solution that JMP can provide?

Thanks

Ole

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

We think we've corrected this now with our Google app. Please let us know if you have further difficulty.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_Perkinson

Thanks for the report here.

We have discovered that some recent changes by Google are likely causing the problem. We are working with Google to resolve them but don't have an estimate on how long that will take. 

I'll update here as soon as we know more.

-Jeff
Jeff_Perkinson

We think we've corrected this now with our Google app. Please let us know if you have further difficulty.

-Jeff
Ole
Ole
Level III

Hi Jeff,

I tried to open a google sheet today and it is working again. Thanks for fixing this.

Regards

Ole