cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MFVIT
Level IV

Showing texts and plots on the same window

Hello!

I wrote a jmp script that produces a report with a vertical outline of text. I have several radio buttons in the report. When a radio button is
pressed several data tables or graphs are produced.  The radio button is connected to a script that generates the graphs and that is reported at the bottom of the jsl file
generating my report.

I would like to organize the report with two columns: one with the text (outline and radio buttons, on the left) and the other (on the right) with the
graphs.

Unfortunately the graphs are generated in separate Windows (when clicking on the radio button a new windows opens). Looking at some JMP
add-ins I think I should include the graphs I want right at the beginning on my report and just populate the graphs with data when I click on the radio button.

Does anyone have a JSL code that does something like this that I can look at? Or can anyone suggest how to solve my problem?

Many many tanks in advance,

Marcello.

4 REPLIES 4
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Showing texts and plots on the same window

When you launch a platform with JSL, the platform looks to see if it is in another display box.  If not, it creates a window for itself.  If it is in a display box, the platform just anchors itself to the parent box, which may, or may not, be in a window.

Distribution(

Continuous Distribution( Column( :weight ) ),

Nominal Distribution( Column( :age ) )

);

opens a new window to hold the distributions.

But

x = V List Box(

Distribution(

Continuous Distribution( Column( :weight ) ),

Nominal Distribution( Column( :age ) )

) );

just returns a display box to the variable x without opening a window.  To see it,

New Window( "My Window", x )

Above, the VListBox could hold several platforms, stacked vertically, and you can add HListBox to hold several VListBoxes and make a bunch of columns, etc.

Craige
vs90
Level III

Empty Control Chart Windows..........Weird Situation. may be this will help a bit.

I didn't have text in my requirements but three different charts which I appended into same window to see all together.

Like Craige@JMP mentioned is the best way to look at it.

Following Craig's explanation, I would suggest that you script use a horizontal list box as the outer container. It should contain just two items, both vertical list boxes. The first vertical list box will contain the text and radio buttons. The second will contain nothing at all to begin with. Save the reference to this box in a variable so you can refer to it when you send a message. The logic of the script for the check box will append or delete the platforms as needed. Here is the example for you to study:

9484_Capture.JPG

MFVIT
Level IV

Mark and Craig,

Many thanks for your useful suggestions. I was able to create a window with two columns, with text and plots. Once I created a reference to the display, I used the append command to make the plot appear on the display.

Marcello.

Da: MarkBailey

Inviato: giovedì 13 agosto 2015 16.27

A: Marcello Fidaleo

Oggetto: Re: - Showing texts and plots on the same window

<https://community.jmp.com/?utm_source=JIVE&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=System%20Email%20Tracking> JMP User Community

Showing texts and plots on the same window

reply from MarkBailey <https://community.jmp.com/people/MarkBailey?et=watches.email.thread> in Discussions - View the full discussion <https://community.jmp.com/message/222659?et=watches.email.thread#222659>