cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
aadecarlojr
Level II

Should there be automatic formula evaluation when source column data is changed?

HI all. I should know this by now but why must I open a dependent column's formula every to produce a reevaluation when I change a value in one of the source columns?  Shouldn't this be set to automatically reevaluate, as in Excel, without me having to open every dependent column to update my table?  The formula columns are locked and I cannot uncheck that.  And the suppress eval, and the ignore errors boxes are unchecked.  I would have thought that by not suppressing eval it would automatically evaluate when the data is changed. 

thanks for considering this and helping out if you can.

DeCarlo

version 16 Pro

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Georg
Level VII

Re: Should there be automatic formula evaluation when source column data is changed?

Yes, I think so, and it works on my computer.

So did you look at both, in the formula and in the table red triangle menu, that formula evaluation is not suppressed?

Georg

View solution in original post

aadecarlojr
Level II

Re: Should there be automatic formula evaluation when source column data is changed?

As you suggested, under the top red triangle (table), the option for "Suppress Formula Evaluation" was checked.  So, thank you; unchecking that option is the answer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Georg
Level VII

Yes, I think so, and it works on my computer.

So did you look at both, in the formula and in the table red triangle menu, that formula evaluation is not suppressed?

Georg
aadecarlojr
Level II

As you suggested, under the top red triangle (table), the option for "Suppress Formula Evaluation" was checked.  So, thank you; unchecking that option is the answer.