Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Dennisbur
Level IV

Shortcut Keys

Hello

I'm using a lot in function as "Summary" or "Split" in my current position.

And I try organize shortcut keys to these functions and I didn’t find this option in JMP...

If somebody know to solve the issue?

Dennisbur_0-1671539583170.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shortcut Keys

Pressing Control-s is the same as File > Save. You click click the Help menu and select Quick Reference Card to see all the shortcuts. The JMP documentation also helps if you want to customize the menus, toolbars, or shortcuts.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
hogi
Level XI

Hi @Dennisbur , you can find the settings under View/Customize/Menus and Toolbars

hogi_0-1671542764791.png

hogi_1-1671542816575.png

Dennisbur
Level IV

Hello Hogi,

First of all, thank you for your assistance...

I have determined the shortcut key for the "Summary" function as Ctrl+S

But when I press Ctrl+S in any data table, nothing happens.

I tried to restart JMP again, and it didn't help.

Did I miss something in the process? 

Dennisbur_0-1671545314152.png

Pressing Control-s is the same as File > Save. You click click the Help menu and select Quick Reference Card to see all the shortcuts. The JMP documentation also helps if you want to customize the menus, toolbars, or shortcuts.

hogi
Level XI

Unfortunately, some of the standard Keys cannot even be removed.

I tried to replace Ctrl + T (new script) with my own command (containing a default script)  - but new script is stronger.

It appears JMP doesn't like to re-assign Ctrl+S as a shortcut key, as that is hard-wired to the File...Save command. I verified that trying a different combination (Ctrl+Alt_Shift+S, for example) works just fine.

Devin
Level I

I just tried to assign ctrl+shift+D. Pray tell what the windows gods have decided that is a critical hotkey for? Are we sure the issues with hotkey assignment are limited? If so, it would be very nice to know which exact combos/keys cannot be used. If I try and type ctrl+shift+D into the command I want - it simply makes no entry. That is a horrible way to tell someone that it can't be used, because it's the same observation you'd get if a) something was frozen on the page or software, and b) your wireless keyboard was disconnected or its battery dead. I have decided finding hot keys that DO work is easier than trying to figure out why some DON'T work. 

hogi
Level XI

hogi_0-1691043519184.png