Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Neo
Neo
Level VI

Share JSL scripts but avoid unintentional tinkering of the scripts

I have prepared a bunch of JSL scripts (on JMP 13) which are designed to pull test data from the database and generate a journal report.

There is a main script and there are other other scripts and functions which the main script and other scripts call.

I would like to share my scripts to other JMP users in my group so that they can run the main script to generate the necessary journal reports. 

However, I do not want them to mistakenly modify the other scripts or tinker with them.

Is there a way to pack the JSL script so that only the main script is visible to users and other associated scripts reside in a folder or even better not visible to the user of the main script? 

When it's too good to be true, it's neither
4 REPLIES 4
jthi
Super User

Re: Share JSL scripts but avoid unintentional tinkering of the scripts

I'm not sure if JMP13 does allow it, but you could encrypt the script files and then build an addin.

-Jarmo
Neo
Neo
Level VI

Thanks @jthi. Where could I find some examples on how to encrypt files and build an addin?

When it's too good to be true, it's neither
jthi
Super User

Encrypting

Addin 

-Jarmo

You can also make the script set to auto-run so that it does not open in the Script Editor. You could also save the script to a shared drive and use a file path to refer to it in a custom menu item or toolbar item.