cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
shampton82
Level VII

Set the printer to use

I am trying to save out a data table as a PDF using JSL and the only way to do that I can find is to save it and use my Adobe PDF as the printer.  However, this is not the default printer I use so I would have to change it before I run the script then switch it back afterwards.  Is there any way for me to use JSL to set the printer to use?

This is the JSL I am using to print the data table

//PDF
Data Table( "Subset of Ti PVNs" ) <<Set page setup(
	margins( .1, .1, .1, .1 ),
	scale( .85 ),
	portrait( 0 ),
	paper size( "Letter" ) 
  );

Data Table( "Subset of Ti PVNs" ) << Set Print Headers(""/*left*/, ""/*center*/,""/*right*/);
Data Table( "Subset of Ti PVNs" ) << Set Print Footers(""/*left*/, ""/*center*/,""/*right*/);

Data Table( "Subset of Ti PVNs" ) <<print window;

I tried saving the data table to a journal and then I tried to print the journal as a PDF (which works) but I need the row width to be adjustable and I can do that with the stand alone data table but not with a data table added to a journal (there I can only adjust the column width, not the row width).

Thanks for any ideas!

Steve

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: Set the printer to use

According to JMP help page Print window uses your default printer

jthi_0-1713603517214.png

so if you are willing to change that you should be able to do it. You can most likely change the default printer using Run Program and RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL https://www.robvanderwoude.com/2kprintcontrol.php

-Jarmo