Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Scott_Li
Level I

Script that performs Welch's t- test and put result in a table

Hi All,

I have data, 4 groups, 5 data values each, data attached. Variance of groups are significantly different. I need to perform pairwise Welch’s t-tests, with G1 as reference in each comparison. Then create a table that has group names, means, std errs, lower and upper 95% bounds, and p values of each group. 

Is it possible to perform these tasks automatically with a Rshiny equivalent of script in JMP?

I use JMP Pro 17. Just begin learning formula in JMP, never written any script so far.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

Re: Script that performs Welch's t- test and put result in a table

Hi @Scott_Li ,

It is possible. Automation is based on sequential procedure.

JMP17 has workflow function that records you steps.

(although not fully mature, it can help you to draft your automation script using JSL).

Before proceed the task manually, you should turn-on the workflow function first (Click New --> Workflow --> Press the RED button to start recording).

Step 1: Load data (depends on your data location & type of data)

4 groups, 5 data values each, data attached

Step 2: Perform your statistical test

Variance of groups are significantly different. I need to perform pairwise Welch’s t-tests, with G1 as reference in each comparison.

Step 3:

You can import the Analyze result to a table (Then create a table that has group names, means, std errs, lower and upper 95% bounds, and p values of each group).

WebDesignesCrow_0-1693271488371.png

(p/s: I think RShiny only require few lines compared to JMP in order to perform same analysis. But, it JMP has a cheat-code to learn scripting)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

Hi @Scott_Li ,

It is possible. Automation is based on sequential procedure.

JMP17 has workflow function that records you steps.

(although not fully mature, it can help you to draft your automation script using JSL).

Before proceed the task manually, you should turn-on the workflow function first (Click New --> Workflow --> Press the RED button to start recording).

Step 1: Load data (depends on your data location & type of data)

4 groups, 5 data values each, data attached

Step 2: Perform your statistical test

Variance of groups are significantly different. I need to perform pairwise Welch’s t-tests, with G1 as reference in each comparison.

Step 3:

You can import the Analyze result to a table (Then create a table that has group names, means, std errs, lower and upper 95% bounds, and p values of each group).

WebDesignesCrow_0-1693271488371.png

(p/s: I think RShiny only require few lines compared to JMP in order to perform same analysis. But, it JMP has a cheat-code to learn scripting)

Scott_Li
Level I

Thank you!