cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Scatter Plot With Multiple XY pairs

Hi, I am pretty new to jmp and was hoping I could get pointed in the right direction. I am using JMP 15.2.

Currently, I have make a table where I generate new data from a compiled dataset.  To simplify this, I have column A, B, C and D.  Column A generates the values in B, C, and D.  There is a single X value for each column (for now say 3, 5, and 10).  So the X-Y pairing should be 3-B, 5-C and 10-D for all rows.  What I have been trying is adding columns E, F and G and assign all rows in each column with the individual X value.  So the column association is E-B, F-C, and G-D.

Is there a way to group data columns individually like this and plot the different series on a scatter plot?  I attempted to stack the data, but this was just making both columns have both the X and Y value in the same column.  The resulting plots would thus contain Y values which were just their corresponding x value.  Doing what I am asking help on is easy in excel as each X column can be directly correlated to a Y column, but I am trying to automate this analysis over thousands of tests.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank You

Example Table.png

AdditiveHippo74_0-1653613132391.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Scatter Plot With Multiple XY pairs

All that is required is to do a Multiple Seares Stack on the data,

Tables=>Stack

txnelson_0-1653615723704.png

Then using the resulting data table

txnelson_1-1653615799926.png

you can use Chart Builder to place column Data 2 on the Y axis and column Data on the Y axis

txnelson_2-1653615919193.png

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

All that is required is to do a Multiple Seares Stack on the data,

Tables=>Stack

txnelson_0-1653615723704.png

Then using the resulting data table

txnelson_1-1653615799926.png

you can use Chart Builder to place column Data 2 on the Y axis and column Data on the Y axis

txnelson_2-1653615919193.png

Jim

Thank you Jim. I misunderstood what happened with the multiple stacks when I was attempting it.  On to actually producing all of the plots in code now.  Much appreciated.