cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
brfrancis
Level II

Saving a data table as a factors table

Good Afternoon, 

Is there a way with either GUI or jsl to save an ordinary data table as a factors table?

For example: SaveAsFactorsExample.PNG

Kind Regards,

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brfrancis
Level II

Re: Saving a data table as a factors table

Thanks for your answers Jim and Ian, I don't think I added enough detail to my question. I basically have a data table of a lot of factors (and their low/high, categorical values) that I want to get into a DOE dialog and don't wish to go through one by one and put them in the DOE.

The code below worked (Jim you'll notice a code snippet from another question you answered). After doing this script, going into the DOE and using "Load Factors" populates with the required information. 

dt1 = Data Table("FullDoE_factors"); //Many factors in this table but need design role  

nomdata = dt1 << get column names( nominal );
condata = dt1 << get column names( continuous );

For( i = 1, i <= N Items( nomdata ), i++,
  Column( dt1, Char( nomdata[i] ) ) << Set Property("Design Role", Design Role( Categorical ))
);

For( i = 1, i <= N Items( condata ), i++,
  Column( dt1, Char( condata[i] ) ) << Set Property("Design Role", Design Role( Continuous ))
);

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Here is the script from a Saved Factors table.  It should give you a clue as to what it takes to make a Factors Table.

New Table( "zippy",
	Add Rows( 2 ),
	New Table Variable( "Table Type", "DOE Factor Table" ),
	New Column( "X1",
		Numeric,
		"Continuous",
		Format( "Best", 12 ),
		Set Property( "Design Role", Design Role( Continuous ) ),
		Set Property( "Factor Changes", Easy ),
		Set Selected,
		Set Values( [-1, 1] )
	),
	New Column( "X2",
		Numeric,
		"Continuous",
		Format( "Best", 12 ),
		Set Property( "Design Role", Design Role( Discrete Numeric ) ),
		Set Property( "Factor Changes", Easy ),
		Set Selected,
		Set Values( [-1, 1] )
	)
)
Jim
ian_jmp
Staff

Probably you know this already, but if you use the GUI to get things the way you want, you can then 'Save Factors' to make the table you are after:

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 17.22.36.png

If you then want to use JSL, you can always get the script to regenerate the resulting table from 'Copy Table Script' from the red triangle. You then paste the clipboard into a new script window, and proceed from there . . .

brfrancis
Level II

Thanks for your answers Jim and Ian, I don't think I added enough detail to my question. I basically have a data table of a lot of factors (and their low/high, categorical values) that I want to get into a DOE dialog and don't wish to go through one by one and put them in the DOE.

The code below worked (Jim you'll notice a code snippet from another question you answered). After doing this script, going into the DOE and using "Load Factors" populates with the required information. 

dt1 = Data Table("FullDoE_factors"); //Many factors in this table but need design role  

nomdata = dt1 << get column names( nominal );
condata = dt1 << get column names( continuous );

For( i = 1, i <= N Items( nomdata ), i++,
  Column( dt1, Char( nomdata[i] ) ) << Set Property("Design Role", Design Role( Categorical ))
);

For( i = 1, i <= N Items( condata ), i++,
  Column( dt1, Char( condata[i] ) ) << Set Property("Design Role", Design Role( Continuous ))
);

txnelson
Super User

Is there a question?  Or are you indicating that you have your solution?

Jim
brfrancis
Level II

Hi Jim, I have my solution and have now marked as such. Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,

Ben