cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
LeeP
Level III

Saving P-Chart as an Image

I want to save my P-Charts as images instead of html files. I'm doing this through an application I am writing. Here is how I generate the P-Chart.

dtP = Control Chart(invisible,
	Sample Label( :ReleaseMonth ),
	Phase( :Phase ),
	Sample Size( :Name( "Sum-Total" ) ),
	KSigma( 3 ),
	Chart Col( :OnTimePct, P( Phase Level( "1" ), Phase Level( "2" ) ) )
);
dtpr = dtp << report;

This is what I've done so far:

dtpr << saveHTML( thePath || "P_Chart.html" ); // This worked to save the HTML and associated image file

dtpr << SaveImage( thePath || "P_Chart.jpg", jpg ); // This didn't save anything

dtpr << SavePDF( thePath || "P_Chart.pdf" ); // I tried to see what would happen if I tried saving as a PDF. The PDF file saved, but there was a blank PDF chart (i.e. no data was displayed)

I looked at the scripting guide and it appears you can only use the SaveImage when you ALREADY have an image.

Questions:

1. Can you save a P-Chart as a image?
2. Is there a way to get the name of the image file that is generated when an HTML is created?

I ask because the ultimate goal is to use another tool (SSIS) to save the image into a database and then retrieve it for use on a dashboard that has other charts from other sources.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LeeP
Level III

Re: Saving P-Chart as an Image

Got it - SavePicture is what I was looking for.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LeeP
Level III

Re: Saving P-Chart as an Image

Got it - SavePicture is what I was looking for.