cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BHarris
Level VI

Save current row selection

Is there an easy way to store/save the current row selection, i.e. the set of current rows that are currently selected, so that I can switch back to that selection later?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Save current row selection

Add a new data columns and change the data type from Numeric to Row State. Now you can store row states. There are special controls that allow you to save, add, and restore row states between this column and the data table.

See Help > Books > Using JMP for more details.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Add a new data columns and change the data type from Numeric to Row State. Now you can store row states. There are special controls that allow you to save, add, and restore row states between this column and the data table.

See Help > Books > Using JMP for more details.

BHarris
Level VI

This is great, thanks!

Maybe a separate question, is there any way to do those two things (save states to new row state column, copy states from last row state column) via keyboard shortcuts?

See for yourself: Help > Books > Quick Reference.

BHarris
Level VI

So... the answer is no?  I don't see anything like that in the Quick Reference (which I have printed and hung on my wall by my desk).  I know on Windows you can set keyboard equivalents for menu commands (Mac too, but it's done at the OS level and not in JMP), but I don't see any convenient way to do what I'm describing.

I can set hotkeys to run JSL scripts, but I have no clue how to do those two things with JSL...  I'm still learning to think like a JMP user.

Right, there is no hotkey for these steps. These steps could be scripted.