Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

SPC Control Chart for Attribute no Sigma Report

Hello Expert,

I noticed that when I'm using Control Chart for Attribute, I cannot turn on Sigma Report.

How can I display how many N in this chart without using scripting?

The N value is important for us to communicate to management & analysis can be replicated without scripting.

(If in Control Chart for Variable, the Sigma Report will show the N value. So, we could say 7 lots will fail out of how many)

WebDesignesCrow_0-1692168279437.png

I'm using JMP 17

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

Re: SPC Control Chart for Attribute no Sigma Report

Thank you @jthi for the suggestion.

Since it only available in variable chart, then I would just use I-MR chart (without MR).

The calculated limits & alarm rate are the same (I think it is because the Laney's method normalize the MR to estimate the sigma then transform back).

WebDesignesCrow_1-1692171684770.png

Three-way chart is a powerful tool (for analyst) but it's hard to get high-level people to understand it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

According to documentation it is only available for variables chart

Show Sigma Report ( Quality and Process Methods > Control Chart Builder > Control Chart Builder Options > Control Chart... )

(Available only for Shewhart Variables charts.) Shows or hides the Process Sigma Report, which is a table of sigma values. The Process Sigma Report contains the overall sample size, number of subgroups, sample mean, overall sigma, within sigma, and stability index. For three way control charts, the between-sigma and between-and-within sigma values are also shown. If a phase variable is specified, a set of values is given for each phase.

Maybe you could for example use other platform to calculate N (Distribution/Tabulate/...) and then use Combine Windows to combine them to create a Dashboard

jthi_0-1692170255029.png

jthi_1-1692170267817.png

-Jarmo
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

Thank you @jthi for the suggestion.

Since it only available in variable chart, then I would just use I-MR chart (without MR).

The calculated limits & alarm rate are the same (I think it is because the Laney's method normalize the MR to estimate the sigma then transform back).

WebDesignesCrow_1-1692171684770.png

Three-way chart is a powerful tool (for analyst) but it's hard to get high-level people to understand it.