cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
miguello
Level VI

Row legend - how to keep coloring, but remove legend itself, how to make range uniform across all By groups?

I have Variability charts plotted By some group.

I want to color points by some column,

So I add this:

Row Legend(

MyCounter,

Color( 1 ),

Color Theme( "Cool to Warm" ),

Marker( 0 ),

Marker Theme( "" ),

Continuous Scale( 1 ),

Reverse Scale( 0 ),

Excluded Rows( 0 )

Now, I have two problems:

1. I need the scale to be uniform across all the Bygroups - right now coloring is assigned by the range of MyCounter for specific ByGroup.

2. I want coloring on the charft, but I need to remove the legend itself. How do I do that?

Was hoping that adding something like Hide(1) would work.

2 REPLIES 2
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Row legend - how to keep coloring, but remove legend itself, how to make range uniform across all By groups?

If you don't want a legend then row legend is possibly the not best route.  Interactively in JMP you can colour using the Color Or Mark By Column option on the rows menu.  In JSL this is a message that is sent to the data table e.g. dt << Color Or Mark By Column( :Group).  Check the scripting index for additional arguments - colour themes etc

-Dave
robot
Level VI

Re: Row legend - how to keep coloring, but remove legend itself, how to make range uniform across all By groups?

You can also accomplish this without scripting from your data table by going to JMP -> Rows -> Color or Mark by Column, and then choose the column by which you would like to color your data.  This will color by all rows, not just rows in the "by" group, and will not automatically add a legend.