Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
helalmob
Level II

Report Automation on numerous variables based on certain requirements

Greetings,

I am a newbee to JMP and used it mainly for exploring my data by drag and drop. Now I have QC report that I believe may require JSL codes. The report requirements and design are as follows:

Data Source: SQL Tables, SAS, or CSV (data are available in these three formats)

Data Sets: There are more than 100+ Tables or data sets

Data Sets relationships: There are two common fields in each Table/Data Set but report doesn't require any joining

Design: I need to present basic stats such as N, Col % for all categorical and BoxPlot and related stats such as Mean, Median, SD, etc for continuous variables (see attached sample pictures). Missing values are to be excluded from main tables and graphs but need to reported in the footnotes of each table.

To identify data (categorical & continuous), there is data type column in each table. My question is there a way to create tables and graphs for 1500+ variables across the 100+ Tables/data sets? As a newbee, I was thinking to create a sample of a table and a graph for one categorical and one continuous variable and then extract the JSL codes behind each and see if I can modify them for the rest. But that's still beyond me. I appreciate any guidance you can provide to automate this report. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
helalmob
Level II

Re: Report Automation on numerous variables based on certain requirements

Thank you Jim. I will follow your suggestions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

@helalmob ,

Welcome to JMP and the JMP Community.  

The description of what you want to do appears to be quite doable in JMP.  JMP can read in all of the source file types you listed, and can easily handle the number of data files, and graphics.  But the devil is always in the details.

I suggest you start small with one data file.  Read it in and work on generating the output you need.  If you haven't read the document, Discovering JMP I suggest you go to the Help pull down menu and open it up and read it.  It should start you on your way to solving the inputting of the data and generating the output.  Any issues with getting that accomplished can be assisted by requests to the JMP Community.

The step after that, will be to take what you have developed, and modify it to loop through all of the files you need to read in, and to generate the output you need.

Working with the JMP Community is usually easier, providing a more specific issue, rather than as broad of a requirement as you have outlined here.  But we are all here to help you as you move more into JMP.

Jim
helalmob
Level II

Thank you Jim. I will follow your suggestions.