cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
dg1
dg1
Level III

Replacing Matrix Values

Hi! I am trying to input all my column data into a 8 by 12 matrix in order( filling in the columns first in a downwards manner). There are only 72 values in my column, so I want the remaining values that are not filled to be 0.  I am having a lot of problems trying to get the code below to work. I would appreciate any help!

dt = Open("Example.jmp");
Rows = nrows(dt); names= dt << Get Column Names (String); Table =[]; Table = J(8,12,0); For(i=1, i <= ncol(dt),i++, data = column(dt, names[i]) <<getValues; For(a=1, a <=12, a++, For(b =1, b <=8, b++, Table[a,b] = operation; // i get errors at this portion ); ); //unsure of the correct way to implement the code below operation= For (c =1, c= Rows, c++, DataInput[c] = Data[c]; ); ); Print(Table);
22 REPLIES 22
dg1
dg1
Level III

Re: Replacing Matrix Values

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it. I was able to save the file using your code, but currently the first row of the csv file is the first line of data, there is no column name. I would like to have the first cell to have the name of the column and right below that the 8 by 12 data.

Re: Replacing Matrix Values

I don't have your example so I had to use one of the JMP sample data tables. Replace those lines for the initial data table with your own.

Names Default to Here( 1 );

// use sample data to illustrate
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Fitness.jmp" );
// delete non-numeric data columns
dt << Delete Columns( { :Name, :Sex } );

// make empty container
table = Associative Array();

// get each data column and create (key, value) pair (key = col name, value = 8x12 matrix)
For( c = 1, c <= N Col( dt ), c++,
	data = Column( dt, c ) << Get As Matrix;
	If( N Row( data ) < 96,
		data |/= J( 96 - N Row( data ), 1, 0 );
	);
	table[Column( dt, c ) << Get Name] = Transpose( Shape( data, 12, 8 ) );
);

Close( dt, No Save );

dir = Get Default Directory();

content = table << Get Contents;
For( t = 1, t <= N Items( content ), t++,
	dt = As Table( content[t][2] );