cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bioptical
Level I

Renaming Data Table using a previous table name

I know I can rename a table using 

dt << SetName("FirstTablename");

But say I'd like to rename a 2nd data table that concatenates the name of the 1st data table so that it is something like

dt2 << SetName( Nameof1stTable || " 2");

Does anyone know how I could just name a 2nd table with an appended character? The reason I want to do this is that usually I modify multiple tables in JSL with splits and joins and end up with a large number of untitled tables which I find hard to keep track of which "parent" table it was derived from.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Renaming Data Table using a previous table name

dt2 << set name( dt << get name || " 2" );

In actuality, you do not have to do the concatenation because JMP will see that the name you set is the same as another table, and will automatically add the "2";

dt2 << set name( dt << get name );

Jim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: Renaming Data Table using a previous table name

dt2 << set name( dt << get name || " 2" );

In actuality, you do not have to do the concatenation because JMP will see that the name you set is the same as another table, and will automatically add the "2";

dt2 << set name( dt << get name );

Jim