cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
natalie_
Level V

Removing Fit Lines

Hello,

I created a Normal Quantile Plot by...

Analyze --> Fit Y by X

Normal Quantile Plot --> Plot Quantile by Actual

There are a lot of fit lines on the plot that I'd like to remove, but I can't find how to do it.  I've checked preferences as well, but it is not obvious to me.  

3 REPLIES 3
statman
Super User

Re: Removing Fit Lines

I don't know what version of JMP you are using?  I'm also not sure which platform you want to remove the lines from, but typically on the plot, if you right click anywhere on the graph, go to Customize and there are a list of items you can add or "remove" or change the color or line width for.

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.09.27 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.09.43 AM.jpg

  

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Right-click in the graph area and select Customize.

You'll see a list of graph elements e.g. Quantile Point Line.  Click on it.  Its line colour is blue - so that the blue line.  There are + and - signs for adding and removing these custom elements.  The - sign is not enabled, you can either treat that as a hint, or try another method - change the line width from 2 to 0.  Click Apply; and repeat for other elements as required.

-Dave
ThuongLe
Level IV

Because Fit Y by X is a generic term for 4 different chart type, if you want to customize what you'd like to see in Preference, you have to go to individual chart to set the options

• Bivariate
  • Contigency
  • Oneway
  • Logistics

Capture.PNG

Thuong Le