cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
LgWagon
Level I

ROC curve analysis: sensitivity at fixed specificity

Dear all,

I'm a novice of JMP and I'm stunned with its great potential. I ask your help to solve my problem. I made a ROC analysis on a data set, and I need to calculate, based on ROC curve, sensitivity at fixed 80%, 95% and 99% specificity. The software doesn't seem to provide this option. I know I can approximate these values looking at the cut-offs in the ROC table, however it's only an approximation. Other software, for example MatLab or MedCalc give this option. For example MedCalc has the option to build "a table with estimation of sensitivity and specificity, with a BCa bootstrapped 95% confidence interval (Efron, 1987; Efron & Tibshirani, 1993), for a fixed and prespecified specificity and sensitivity of 80%, 90%, 95% and 97.5% (Zhou et al., 2002)." How can I solve?

Thank you very much, you are a great community!

1 REPLY 1
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: ROC curve analysis: sensitivity at fixed specificity

Hi,
You may find what you need by expanding the "ROC Table" at the bottom the ROC plot.
Best regards,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse