Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ndowidar
Level III

Question about JMP 16 graph color customize option

Hello, 

I'm unable to set the color for an indivdual variable in my graph using the customize feature. I was able to do this in JMP 14 but now with JMP 16, I'm unable to use this to set different colors for variables in the same graph. Examples provided as snapshots below. 

Currently, in version 16, if I select customize and go the marker option to select a color it changes all variables (markers) as the same color. I would deeply appreciate the help if you know how to resolve this. My JMP 14 license will expire soon and all my previous analysis will not carry over in JMP 16. 

Thanks, 

Naeem

In JMP 16 I am unable to select individual colors for markes. If I select a color it applies it to all markers. 

ndowidar_0-1640024044444.png

In JMP 14, I can use this same feature (Customize Graph) to set different colors for my variables. 

ndowidar_1-1640024231969.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Question about JMP 16 graph color customize option

Could you possibly stack the data and then use Label as color property?

jthi_0-1640118501930.png

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
statman
Super User

It would be helpful if you could attach your JMP file...It looks like you are using Graph Builder.  There are many options for customizing the markers and colors.  In graph Builder, drag what ever you have along the X-axis into the color box on graph builder.  Also, right click in the graph gives you many customizable options.  I assure you that you can create what you did in JMP 14 in JMP 16...

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
ndowidar
Level III

Thank you so much for responding! All my graphs were reproducible in JMP 16 but I was unable to recreate the color selection that I had customized using the method you suggested in JMP 16. That method worked in JMP 14 but for some reason I was unable to do that in JMP 16.

To avoid sounding like a broken record, I saved a sample of the data in JMP 16. If you can show me how to make each variable A, B, C & D different colors that would be a huge help. 

Thanks so much! 

Naeem

pmroz
Super User

I dragged the Lot column to the Color role.  Is this what you want?

pmroz_0-1640111870445.png

ndowidar
Level III

Thanks for showing me that tip, but no. I want to be able to select specific colors for each variable A, B, C & D.

In JMP 14, I could use the customize option by right clicking on the mouse and selecting the color for each "marker", but that doesn't seem to work in JMP 16. 

Thanks for the help! 

jthi
Super User

Could you possibly stack the data and then use Label as color property?

jthi_0-1640118501930.png

-Jarmo
ndowidar
Level III

Thanks! I've never stacked data before, but that graph looks like what I want! Although, I just wish there was that easier feature included from JMP 14. 

Thanks again for showing me a way to make it work. If you find another option let me know. Much appreciated! 

Best,

Naeem