cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bculver
Level II

Query Builder List Box offset values when space present

I have a table in a database that contains a long list of names, some of which have the same name with a leading space. When using Query builder and using a List Box filter on this column, the names with and without the leading space only show up once in the list box filter, and it causes everything after that entry in the filter to be offset.

I created a test database table with column Name and values [ "A", "B", "C", " C", "D"], where C occurs with and without a leading space. I have attached an image of the Query Builder window where you can see when selecting "D" in the filter, the SQL is actually filtering for "C".  "C" has appeared at the top of the filter box only, and corresponds to the " C" with leading space.

It seems this may be due to the way JMP is finding unique values to display in the List Box. Interestingly, switching the filter to a Check Box List will cause all values to display correctly in the list, but in my real data table, there are too many values to use a Check Box List, so that's not an option.

I am using JMP 16.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Query Builder List Box offset values when space present

It looks like this issue is fixed in JMP 17:

danschikore_1-1670517593042.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Query Builder List Box offset values when space present

It looks like this issue is fixed in JMP 17:

danschikore_1-1670517593042.png