cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ptijerome
Level III

Quantile plot in anova : can I remove markers?

Hello,

When quantile plot is activated each X group is associated with a color.

However when a large numbre of data is used(several thousands), all the curves become "black", as the colored curves are fully covered with black markers. It become difficult to distinguish between X variables...

My best attempt is to reduce marker size and thicken the line. When I extract the script it provides :

SendToReport(

Dispatch(

{},

"Oneway QuantilePlot",

FrameBox,

{Marker Size( 0 ), Line Width Scale( 4 )}

)

);

But Is there a way to fully get rid of the marker or to get the same color between markers and the line that is drawn between 2 markers?

Jérôme

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Quantile plot in anova : can I remove markers?

Not very elegant but you can right-click in the normal quantile plot and select Customize. Then select Marker and change Transparency to 0.

You can also use Rows > Color or Mark by Column. Select the grouping column (factor) and use the JMP default colors so that the marker color matches the line color. That way you don't have to get rid of them but they are distinguishable.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Quantile plot in anova : can I remove markers?

Not very elegant but you can right-click in the normal quantile plot and select Customize. Then select Marker and change Transparency to 0.

You can also use Rows > Color or Mark by Column. Select the grouping column (factor) and use the JMP default colors so that the marker color matches the line color. That way you don't have to get rid of them but they are distinguishable.