X( :TESTER ),
		Y( :WAFER_YIELD ),
		Y( :WAFER_YIELD ),
		Color( :TESTER )
	),
	Elements(
		Position( 1, 1 ),
		Box Plot( X, Y, Legend( 4 ) ),
		Caption Box( X, Y, Legend( 7 ), Per Factor( 1 ) )
	),
	Elements(
		Position( 1, 2 ),
		Bar(
			X,
			Y,
			Legend( 6 ),
			Summary Statistic( "N" ),
			Label( "Label by Value" ),
			Label Format( "Fixed Dec", 4, 0 )
		)
	),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch(
			{},
			"TESTER",
			ScaleBox,
			{Min( -1.24658385093168 ), Max( 6.19341614906832 ), Inc( 1 ),
			Minor Ticks( 0 )}
		),
		Dispatch(
			{},
			"graph title",
			TextEditBox,
			{Set Text( "WAFER_YIELD  vs. TESTER" )}
		),
		Dispatch( {}, "Y 1 title", TextEditBox, {Set Text( "WAFER" )} )
	)
);

Hi 

I save my Chart to interative HTML but it shows "this feature is not interative"

My chart include two element, bar chart & box chart.

Chily_2-1667552192966.png

It seems bug to become not inerative when I set element 2 (Bar chart) Label format

There is no issue to set element1 (box chart) Label format.

Once set element2 label format and save to inerative HTML ,

it will become not able to inerative at browser(chrome).

Any solution? Thank you.

Regards, Chily

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Q: Chart save to interative HTML but it shows "this feature is not interative"

Hi @Chily ,

The box plot doesn't have a labeling feature like bars, but as you discovered, a caption element added to the box plot graph provides formatted  labels per factor. The ability to customize the formatting of the caption box text existed before custom labeling was added to bar charts, so it is already supported in Interactive HTML. You could do the same for the bar graph and suppress the bar's custom labeling feature to get formatted labels for each bar and obtain an interactive graph in Interactive HTML. 

In this case, since the bar's summary statistic is "N", the count of the rows represented by each bar, the 'Auto' formatting should produce the same results as your custom format and produce an interactive graph in Interactive HTML. 

When a new feature is introduced to JMP, the Interactive HTML team has to decide if it is going to be popular enough to prioritize the implementation over other features we're implementing.  When custom label formats were introduced to graphical elements in JMP, we implemented them in Interactive HTML in some graphical elements, but not yet for bars. 

When we decide a new feature is not yet the highest priority, we capture an image of the graph to match JMP and write a message to the log indicating what caused the graph to not be interactive. We also create a task to consider implementing it in a future release. This way, we can collect feedback to determine the priority.  We collect feedback from discussions on the community, like this one and by entries in the community's JMP Wish List, and from discussions with our technical support team.  

I'll make a note of your wish to have this feature implemented for bars, but in the meantime, I hope the suggestions I provided will help you get the output your looking for.

Thanks, 

~John 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hogi
Level XI

Re: Q: Chart save to interative HTML but it shows "this feature is not interative"

Funny, realls seems to be because of the

Label Format( "Fixed Dec", 4, 0 )

Without the line, it works.

Doesn't change the formatting anyways ...

Hi @Chily ,

The box plot doesn't have a labeling feature like bars, but as you discovered, a caption element added to the box plot graph provides formatted  labels per factor. The ability to customize the formatting of the caption box text existed before custom labeling was added to bar charts, so it is already supported in Interactive HTML. You could do the same for the bar graph and suppress the bar's custom labeling feature to get formatted labels for each bar and obtain an interactive graph in Interactive HTML. 

In this case, since the bar's summary statistic is "N", the count of the rows represented by each bar, the 'Auto' formatting should produce the same results as your custom format and produce an interactive graph in Interactive HTML. 

When a new feature is introduced to JMP, the Interactive HTML team has to decide if it is going to be popular enough to prioritize the implementation over other features we're implementing.  When custom label formats were introduced to graphical elements in JMP, we implemented them in Interactive HTML in some graphical elements, but not yet for bars. 

When we decide a new feature is not yet the highest priority, we capture an image of the graph to match JMP and write a message to the log indicating what caused the graph to not be interactive. We also create a task to consider implementing it in a future release. This way, we can collect feedback to determine the priority.  We collect feedback from discussions on the community, like this one and by entries in the community's JMP Wish List, and from discussions with our technical support team.  

I'll make a note of your wish to have this feature implemented for bars, but in the meantime, I hope the suggestions I provided will help you get the output your looking for.

Thanks, 

~John 

Chily
Level III

Thanks your detail explain, John.