Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ts2
ts2
Level III

Projects and closing multiple dirty tables/scripts

JMP Pro 17.2.0

Is there a way to close what is selected in Project Workspace pane without the Save dialog for each individually?

Or a way to identify what is selected in the Workspace pane to create a toolbar script button to close selected without saving or << Set Dirty(0) prior to closing?

In the JMP Home Window List if you close multiple dirty windows it will let you "Save None". This would be the preferred behavior if possible.

It would be easy enough to create a toolbar script button close all tables, but obviously I only want the selected tables in the Workspace pane to be closed. And sometimes I also want to also close scripts or other things along with tables. Pressing No to 20-100 popups is making using Projects a dealbreaker.

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Re: Projects and closing multiple dirty tables/scripts

I didn't find anything from scripting index about how to get selected items from Workspace. Maybe you can loop over all the windows currently open in the project and set them all to Dirty(0) (make toolbar item for this). Then you could at least more easily close those tables without popups. Not the optimal solution but it could work as some sort of a workaround.

This might be worth contacting support about / making a wish list item. One option could maybe be to add check box which would allow closing windows the popup (and function to get selected items from workspace/bookmarks/in project).

-Jarmo
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Projects and closing multiple dirty tables/scripts

You can "Close All", with the option to save.

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.2/#page/jmp/file-functions.shtml?os=mac&source=application%23...

I have menu buttons to close all(data tables, nosave) and close all(reports).

dtlist=Get Data Table List();
dtlist << is dirty

returns a list of which tables are dirty.

Then you could iterate the list with Close and save the dirty ones?

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)