cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nter
Level II

Project multiple different axis settings in graph builder to different pages

One of the nice features of the page field is the ability to export a PDF or PPT with many pages, but I'm having trouble customizing the axes on the second and subsequent pages.

Starting with the consumer preferences data set, I can make a graph like this with customized y axis labels.  For example I customized "years at current employer" to read "Years Exp"

1.png

 Then if i add "age group" in the page field

nter_1-1633354799414.png

You'll notice that the custom axes are not kept for the later pages.

If I try copying axes properties and broadcasting with ctrl+paste axes properties, it broadcasts properties from a single y axis to all graphs and y axes, which causes a problem because "years exp" has a different range than "is parent"

nter_2-1633354916304.png

Is there a good way in graph builder or JSL to broadcast the customized axes properties when dealing with multiple stacked y axes, for example?

2 REPLIES 2
floydfoxfb
Level II

Re: Project multiple different axis settings in graph builder to different pages

nter,

I apologize in advance that I do not have a solution to your question but it is now April 26, 2023 and I am also seeking a response to this very question.  If you have found a solution to this please let me know.  BTW, I am using JMP 17 Pro v17.0.0.  Perhaps this response to your question will prompt an answer from the community or JMP tech support.

Thank you

Floyd

Re: Project multiple different axis settings in graph builder to different pages

This script illustrates one approach:

Names Default to Here( 1 );

// open example
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Consumer Preferences.jmp" );

// launch graph builder with multiple pages
gb = dt << Graph Builder(
	Size( 528, 3450 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :Gender ), Y( :Years at Current Employer ), Page( :Age Group ) ),
	Elements( Box Plot( X, Y, Legend( 4 ) ) )
);

// access report layer
rpt = gb << Report;

// find all text edit boxes
axis = rpt << XPath( "//TextEditBox" );
n = N Items( axis );

// change text in all text edit boxes of vertical axes
axis[4::n::2] << Set Text( "Years Exp" );