Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ptijerome
Level III

Process screening platform change between JMP 15 and JMP16

Hello,

I use the process screening platform in a script.

S = Response Screening( Y( Eval( Expr( YParamList ) ) ), X( :Split ), practical difference portion( 0.05 ),save compare means );

Then I use the output table to draw  plots of significant parameters.

However since we use JMP16 it doesn't work well. It seems that the name of table, the order of tables (the active table after execution is not the same) and even the name in the column have been modified. I do not find a solution to make it work both on JMP15 and JMP16, since the name and the order of the table have been modified together.

It is annoying since only part of the users have migrated to JMP16.

Thanks for help!

Jérôme

5 REPLIES 5
jthi
Super User

Re: Process screening platform change between JMP 15 and JMP16

Definitely not the optimal solution, but you could implement different approaches for different versions of JMP. You can get the JMP version with:

JMP Version()
//Word(1, JMP Version(), ".");

-Jarmo
txnelson
Super User

I believe the following code will work for both JMP 15 and JMP 16 and will return the data table references consistant.

S = Response Screening(
	Y( Eval( Expr( YParamList ) ) ),
	X( :Split ),
	practical difference portion( 0.05 )
);
Wait( 0 );
s << save compare means;
dtCompare = Current Data Table();
dtPValues = Data Table( "PValues" );

Now concerning the stated name changes.  I did not find any columns with different names when comparing between JMP 15 and JMP 16.  What specifically did you find different?

Jim
ptijerome
Level III

For the column name :

- in JMP15 the Compare table give name such as Leveli and Levelj.

- In JMP16 it is Niveau(x)i, Niveau(y)i.

Same for Data Values table it is called once "Pvalues" and then "Pvaleurs"

Well both version are installed in French, but they do not behave the same

Maybe it is a French Translation problem

Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing: In the title you mentioned process screening, but in the script you use response screening. Are you sure you have the correct script added? Or is the title incorrect. 

However, one way you could use to address different versions is what was mentioned in the first comment, check for the version used and then use the scripts for each version, e.g. using a match/if-else/try construct. Usually the scripts are version robust, however sometimes the platform report changes and then the result would look different. You may want to check the log in JMP 15 and 16 to see if there are any warnings or other messages, too.

/****NeverStopLearning****/
ptijerome
Level III

The title is indeed incorrect it is Response screening issue

As mentionned by Jthi, I can do a script that will test jmp version, but I would like to avoid it...

I can't undestand the way we can assign names to table generated. I used to do as Txnelson, but it seems not robust...

Jérôme