cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
satitpor
Level II

Problem with JMP and R (R Send() / R Get() return "The final R statement is incomplete.")

Hi, recently i got an problem with JMP 15.2.0 send/get data from R 4.0.3

I just run the following easy script its seem like I can connect to R but cannot send or get data from R using R Send() / R Get()

R Init();
x = [1,2,3];
R Send(x);
R Term();

Results:

The final R statement is incomplete.
Send data for "x" failed

Another problem is when I use R submit() it always return -1. For example

R Init();
R submit("library(dplyr)");

Results in Log file:

TKIntRJMP.R version 14.0
Warning: 
Attaching package: 'dplyr'

The following objects are masked from 'package:stats':

filter, lag

The following objects are masked from 'package:base':

intersect, setdiff, setequal, union

I tried to reinstall JMP and R but problem still persist

Appreciate any guidance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
satitpor
Level II

Re: Problem with JMP and R (R Send() / R Get() return "The final R statement is incomplete.")

Hi all,

I got a solution from SAS technicial support about this issue.

Did you have this update installed on your PC ,https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4586786 ? 
If yes, remove the update will fix the issue.

The problem was came from windows update KB4586786.

I uninstall this update then the problem has been fixed.

View solution in original post

Re: Problem with JMP and R (R Send() / R Get() return "The final R statement is incomplete.")

We have come to the conclusion that JMP 15.x will not be supporting R 4.0.x. Removing security updates is not ideal and may present unknown vulnerabilities. I suggest speaking with your IT professional and following their recommendations. If they state the update should be in place, then it should be installed again. Doing so will require the use of R 3.6 with JMP 15, until the next major release of JMP.

Best. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

When JMP initializes R JMP creates a new session with R. The session is separate from your R sessions established within R. That said, you may need to install R packages in such a way that they can be seen in the session JMP creates. One example: 

R Init();
R Submit( "

install.packages('dplyr')

" );

R Submit(
	"
library(dplyr)
"

);

Regarding the error: 

Send data for "x" failed

I was unable to reproduce this error in JMP 15.2 on OSX 10.15.7, or on Windows 10. Perhaps you are running multiple versions of R on the same system (which is not recommended with JMP)? Also, I am not aware of the operating system you are running JMP and R on. That said, I would suggest contacting Technical Support so they can investigate this further. 

Names Default To Here( 1 );
R Init();
x = [1, 2, 3];
R Send( x );
//x2 = R Get (x);
satitpor
Level II

Thanks, for your suggestions.

I'm using R 4.03 with Windows 10 before that I'm using R 4.02 but i already uninstalled from the system.

Send data for "x" failed

This problem seems to happen only when I connect to company network using VPN from my home network. The problem is gone after I directly connect to company network within company. I think it's about windows firewall that block connection between JMP and R.

Problem seems to happen after I run incomplete script in JMP with R.

When it returns an error from my first incorrect syntax script after that even I correct my script and run the script it'll return "The final R statement is incomplete." I tried to restart computer but problem still persists.

I would verify the following:

• You have a R_HOME user-defined environment variable setup, pointing to the path where R 4.0.3 lives. 

R_Home.jpg

• Only one version of R is installed on the machine. 

If the issue persists, contact Technical Support. 

satitpor
Level II

Thanks again for your kind suggestion.

I already add R_HOME in system variables yet the problem still there.

I will contact Technical Support as your suggestion.

Additionally, the warning message seems to be related to two or more packages sharing the same name. It appears you may have to remove the ambiguity by referencing the package name when referring to the package's function(s).  

TKIntRJMP.R version 14.0
Warning: 
Attaching package: 'dplyr'

The following objects are masked from 'package:stats':

filter, lag

The following objects are masked from 'package:base':

intersect, setdiff, setequal, union

FYI: To suppress the warning, you can submit "warn.conflicts = FALSE" when you invoke your package. 

R Init();
R Submit( "

install.packages('dplyr')

" );

R Submit(
"
library(dplyr, warn.conflicts = FALSE)
"

);

R Term ();
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

I can confirm the same behavior on at least 1 computer with R version 4.0.3 and JMP 15.2.1 on windows 10. R version 3.x seems to work okay though.
satitpor
Level II

Hi all,

I got a solution from SAS technicial support about this issue.

Did you have this update installed on your PC ,https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4586786 ? 
If yes, remove the update will fix the issue.

The problem was came from windows update KB4586786.

I uninstall this update then the problem has been fixed.

We have come to the conclusion that JMP 15.x will not be supporting R 4.0.x. Removing security updates is not ideal and may present unknown vulnerabilities. I suggest speaking with your IT professional and following their recommendations. If they state the update should be in place, then it should be installed again. Doing so will require the use of R 3.6 with JMP 15, until the next major release of JMP.

Best.