cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
r23426
Level II

Problem with Clear log () in JMP14

Hi,

I have a problem with the clear log (); instruction.

It was working well in jmp 12, 11, 10, etc...

But with the new JMP14 ( Iswitch about 1 month ago), some time it works, some time not. 

All my scripts start with this header:

Names Default to here (1);	// set all variables as local
Open log (1);	clear log();
include("My_own_path.jsl");  // define the path stored in include_path variable
// Real script starts belwo this comment line

Any idea where my pb comes from ?

3 REPLIES 3
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Problem with Clear log () in JMP14

I run similar scripts and haven't had an issue with JMP 14. The fact that it's intermittent is also mysterious. I'd recommend re-installing and see if that helps. If it doesn't I'd submit a ticket to support@jmp.com and be sure to tell your JMP Version, Operating System, ect.

Also, syntax wise, you shouldn't have spaces between your function name and function call. (e.g. Names Default to Here(1); not Names Default to here (1);). JSL is too forgiving with white-space and capitalization compared to other languages. I doubt this is your issue, but the interpreter could be having problems parsing the script... Best to always follow correct standards.
r23426
Level II

Hi thanks for the feed back.

I have correcetd some spacing as you mention, in my scrupts, but still the same problem ( not really a pb in fact, more a nuisance).

I confirm it is Ok with same script/same dataset on jmp12.

txnelson
Super User

This issue should probably be passed on to the support folks at JMP

support@jmp.com

Jim