cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
diabrotica
Level II

Printing Graphs and tables

How can I predictably format my graph and table outputs for printing from JMP Pro 14?

Whenever I have a graph or table to print from JMP (Pro 13 or 14), I find that I have to repeatedly fiddle with the orientation and percentage size in page set-up to get an image that fits on the output page.  Even then it is often not centered and may end up being very small because using very small percentage size (e.g. 45%) was the only way to get the table or figure to appear complete on the page.  IMG_2891.jpgIMG_2892 copy.jpg

I've attached some failures with a table and a figure - even at small percentages of full size they are not fitting and off center.

Is there a shortcut or tip that will allow me to get printed outputs that will fill the page and be centered?  It's just really handy to be able to print quick tables and figures as I am processing data.

Much thanks for advice...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Printing Graphs and tables

From the images that you included, I noticed that the title bar stretched all the way to the left side of the page (or at least as far left as one can see). That leads me to believe that the picture and the table are not the left-most item that was in the report that was printed.

With the graph, for example, did you click the "Done" button from Graph Builder to remove that control panel? The same issue may apply with the table if it was created using Tabulate.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

From the images that you included, I noticed that the title bar stretched all the way to the left side of the page (or at least as far left as one can see). That leads me to believe that the picture and the table are not the left-most item that was in the report that was printed.

With the graph, for example, did you click the "Done" button from Graph Builder to remove that control panel? The same issue may apply with the table if it was created using Tabulate.

Dan Obermiller
diabrotica
Level II

Thanks!  I had never noticed the "Done" button" nor known what it was for.

I will still have to do some sizing, but it will now be predictable!!

Hurray!

Victor60
Level II

My solution:

1.  Click "done" as others have suggested

2.  Click "File" "Print Preview"

3.  Set the page to landscape

4.  Erase the gobble-de-**bleep** in the "header" section

5.  Set the "scale" to 50%

6.  Click "set as default"

7.  Click "print"

I finally have a direct from JMP to a printer graph.