cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
albiruni81
Level II

Prediction profiler Importance rating

Hi ,

I am wondering the importance rating in the desirability function that we actually set in the prediction profiler, if a response is more important than my other response do i put a value of 1 or i put a bigger number such 10 or 20?

Rgrds

Irfan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Prediction profiler Importance rating

I just want to add to Ian's explanation that you should not use large numbers like 10 or 20. Such a value will practically eliminate the responses with an Importance value of 1 from the optimization.

From JMP Help:

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ian_jmp
Staff

According to the online documentation:

Importance

Enter a relative weighting for each of several responses in computing the overall desirability function. The Importance value can be any positive number. When no Importance value is specified, JMP treats all responses in a given analysis as having equal Importance values. If there is only one response, it receives Importance 1.

So you need to decide the relative weighting of the responses you have.

I just want to add to Ian's explanation that you should not use large numbers like 10 or 20. Such a value will practically eliminate the responses with an Importance value of 1 from the optimization.

From JMP Help:

Capture.PNG

albiruni81
Level II

HI mark,

Does it mean i can't use 1,2,3 but instead i have to put a value of 0.5,0.2,0.3 according to the importance of each parameters?Do you have an example to share with me

Rgrds

Irfan

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

You can use what ever values you like so long as you set all of them using the same scale.

If you use 1, 2, 3 then the one with a 2 will be twice as important as the 1 and the 3 is three times as important, likewise 10, 20, 30.

But if you only set one of them and use a 10 then the others will still be at their default value of 1 and you will set that one to be 10 times as important as the others.

-Jeff
albiruni81
Level II

Thanks