cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Prediction Expression from DOE not matching

I have a prediction expression from my DOE that when popped into excel to make a calculator, the results are not consistent with what populates the imp table column when I create a "Predict Formula" column in my table. It is very close for the center values but off for the values towards the limits of the model. What am I missing??

1 REPLY 1

Re: Prediction Expression from DOE not matching

You are missing 'coding' probably. The JMP DOE platforms add a Coding column property to the factor data columns. Fit Least Squares uses this property to 'code' the factor levels. You can see this if you examine the column properties. And then JMP changes the labels in Fit Least Squares by appending the low and high values in parentheses after the factor name. Look at the Parameter Estimates table, for example.

You can prepare the formula for non-statistical software like Excel easily. Open the formula editor on the prediction formula. The entire formula should be selected (surrounded by blue rectangle.) Find the red triangle at the top center of the editor. Click it and select Simplify. Then save the formula. Actually, copy it first so you can paste it in a cell in the spreadsheet.