cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Skrombee
Level I

Power Analysis for Slope of a Regression Line

How do I do a power analysis for the slope of a regression line in JMP? I'm trying to figure out how many samples I need to collect to look at the relationship between two quantitative variables.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Power Analysis for Slope of a Regression Line

See the same book and search for power analysis. It is fully explained and it is demonstrated with examples that you can follow.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I suggest that you start with DOE > Custom Design. Define your response. Define your continuous factor. Define your model terms. Try some number of runs, make the design, and then open Design Evaluation > Power Analysis. You have two choices here. You can specify effect size and random variation on a relative basis. Leave RMSE at 1 and enter coefficients as multiples divided by 2. So if you expected an effect to be 3 standard deviations, enter 1.5 for the anticipated coefficient. Or you can evaluate it on an absolute bases. Enter the actual RMSE (response standard deviation) and the coefficient. This value will be one half of the total change expected in the response over the factor range.

Skrombee
Level I

Thank you! Is there an example somewhere I can follow?

See the same book and search for power analysis. It is fully explained and it is demonstrated with examples that you can follow.

lala
Level VII

DOE 、NICE!