cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jolien
Level I

Post-hoc test after contingency table

Is it possible to do a post-hoc test in JMP when Chi2 of your contigency table indicated that their is a difference between two categorical data?

I have three treatments and 5 categories and I want to know if for instance there are significant differences in my 3 treatments between the categories (like categorie 1 have significant more samples from treatment A compared to treament B)

Is this possible in JMP?

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Post-hoc test after contingency table

I think that this situation will be addressed in JMP Pro 14. That is, you will be able to fit ordinal logistic models in Generalized Regression platform and use custom post-hoc tests.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You might be able to use the custom test or contrast options in a generalized linear model fit. See Help > JMP Help and search "custom test." Select "Custom Test Option" to see the details for GLM.

Jolien
Level I

Thanks for your reply.

When I use the fit model option, fill in my two nominal response variables and choose for GLM it gives me the warning of bad data, the only option is nominal logistics, which don't give me the tests I want.

Is there maybe another option to test two nominal response variables?

It sounded as if you had one response (five nominal categories) and one factor (tthree reatments). Why do you have two response data columns?

Also, use the Generalized Linear Model as I told you instead of the Nominal Logistic fitting personality.

Jolien
Level I

Yes indeed I have one response with five categories and one factor with three treatments.

But I do not know how I have to fill this in 'fit model'? If I take my response as Y and my factor to constuct the model I can only take GLM if I say that the distribution is binomial and that is not. So I'm stuck in filling out the 'fit model' option.

You are correct. I am sorry for giving you this advice. You can fit a nominal or ordinal logistic model but then you won't have the post-hoc tests. You can't fit a multi-nomial model in GLM in JMP.

I found custom tests in the Generalized Regression platform in JMP Pro when I used the Elastic Net estimation method. Do you have JMP Pro?

Jolien
Level I

I have indeed JMP Pro, but when I use the Generalized Regression platform in the fit model option it gives the same problem that only binomial data can be used.

I'm afraid that this analysis isn't possible in JMP.

I think that this situation will be addressed in JMP Pro 14. That is, you will be able to fit ordinal logistic models in Generalized Regression platform and use custom post-hoc tests.