cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
FN
FN
Level VI

Plotting several trends from sensor data that have different units (or scale)

The GraphBuilder can be used to visualize sensor data as Y's and a DateTime as X to make trends.

However, when Y's have different units or scales, the only way I found to plot several Y's at once was:

• Using dialog and 'Graph matrix'
  • Stacking the Y's and using the overlay function

Is there an option in Y-axis that several units or scales?

I only found the option of sending a secondary Y-axis.

Edit: Here is an example.

https://www.osisoft.com/-/media/Images/blog/PI-System-portfolios-blog/hpi-blog-4/ad_hoc_trending.ash...

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Re: Plotting several trends from sensor data that have different units (or scale)

Graph Builder allows a large number of columns to be displayed on the Y axis.  It only allows the display of 2 different axes, left and right of the graph.  The various Y axis columns can be assigned to either the left or right Y axes

lr.PNG

Jim
FN
FN
Level VI

Re: Plotting several trends from sensor data that have different units (or scale)

Is this examplegb.PNG what you mean by "different scales?"

FN
FN
Level VI

Yes, the issue appears when you have more than two.

I have been using Graph Matrix under Dialog, but I was wondering if several axis could be combined into one.

Thierry_S
Super User

Hi,
Another approach would be to Standardize your Y values (New Formula Column > Distributional > Standardize) hence scaling all of your sensor data to the same scale.
Just a thought.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse