cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
volf
Staff (Retired)

PictureBox

Hi,

I want to create a display box that contains a graphics picture object. I know that JMP9 offers Picture Box report.

My jsl script as below. but, it doesn't work.

How to create picture box?

<--
new window("aaa",
Picture Box(
"C:\Picture1.jpg"
)
);
-->
3 REPLIES 3

Re: PictureBox

The Picture Box() function takes a picture object as an argument, rather than a filename string. To get a picture object, use the Open() function with a second argument that specifies the type of picture that you want to open. Here's an example (modified from the Picture Box() function example in the JSL Functions Index under the Help menu):

New Window( "Example", Picture Box( Open(
"$SAMPLE_IMAGES/black rhino footprint.jpg",
jpg
) ) );
Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development

Presumably a picture box could display an image from the internet also? If so, what's the syntax of that, please? I've been trying to do it myself, but all my attempts to date have generated fatal error messages.

Many thanks

David,
Unfortunately, opening images from the Internet is not yet supported. In fact, when I tried this on Windows, JMP crashed. The appropriate developer has been notified and is looking into a solution.

Thanks,
Michael
Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development