cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Pattern fill of bar charts in JMP

Hello,

I made several searches on web and here in forum but couldnt find what I need. I draw a bar chart in JMP 8, bars are colored with different colors. I want to fill the bars with black/white patterns instead of colors. Some JMP books mention of "overlay colors, markers and patterns". Colors and markers are there but no "overlay patterns" in chart options. I thought this info may belong to some previous versions of JMP, since there is nowhere to change color to pattern fill, do you have any clues for me?

Regards,

Alp
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XanGregg
Staff

Re: Pattern fill of bar charts in JMP

There are no patterns built-in to JMP 11, but they're part of JMP 12, coming in March.

8037_pats.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

In my experience, while previous editions of JMP allowed for patterns to be specified for individual bars the most recent version of JMP 8 does not permit the user to do so. Only colors can be used. One more reason JMP 8 is a poor version compared to previous iterations.
sushmag20130
Level I

I have exactly same questions with JMP 11. We highly prefer Pattern plot on innovation Paper than color. So, I am looking for the way to fill bar graph with patterns than color with JMP11. I tried to search in web a lot but could not get the solutions.

XanGregg
Staff

There are no patterns built-in to JMP 11, but they're part of JMP 12, coming in March.

8037_pats.png

ezorlo
Level IV

Hi,

has pattern fill option been added to JMP 14?

Thanks

pmroz
Super User

It's been there since JMP 12.  Right click on the legend and select Fill Pattern.

Bar Patterns.png