Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dpeyer
Level II

Pass/Fail Heatmap

Hi Data Gurus,

I am pretty new to jump and am loving how much functionality it brings to my work. I am trying to determine which tests of a product are failing more than others, but my Pass/Fail heatmap is not giving me a gradient that I can change. As you can see in the picture below, the legend is just "Pass/Fail", not the normal gradient that I would expect for heatmaps. This means that, since most of the test are passing 80% of the time, the entire graph looks mostly blue and I cannot modify the gradient so the >20% failures to be more red. Additionally, when I try and display the value of the cell, it is always "between Pass and Fail" without giving me the binary mean. I would really like to be able to have values as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

David

dpeyer_0-1603804669934.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
dpeyer
Level II

Re: Pass/Fail Heatmap

I think I may have partially answered my own question, but I am sure there is a better way to do it. C&C welcome.

I recoded my TestResult column for Pass = 1 and Fail = 0, set the column to a continuous numeric expression, and then replaced TestResult with the new TestResult2 column. I was then able to adjust the gradient to get the desired map below.

dpeyer_0-1603806338312.png

View solution in original post

mzwald
Staff

Yep, the solution you arrived at is the correct one. For JMP to use a continuous coloring scheme, you need to have a continuous variable (blue triangle) in the color role such as 0's and 1's which can then be used to calculate yields.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dpeyer
Level II

I think I may have partially answered my own question, but I am sure there is a better way to do it. C&C welcome.

I recoded my TestResult column for Pass = 1 and Fail = 0, set the column to a continuous numeric expression, and then replaced TestResult with the new TestResult2 column. I was then able to adjust the gradient to get the desired map below.

dpeyer_0-1603806338312.png

mzwald
Staff

Yep, the solution you arrived at is the correct one. For JMP to use a continuous coloring scheme, you need to have a continuous variable (blue triangle) in the color role such as 0's and 1's which can then be used to calculate yields.