Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ericx
Level II

Overlay with empty cell

Hi, 

I am using the graph builder and would like to overlay a column on my graph, however when I select the overlay, rows that are empty for that specific column I am overlaying disappears on the graph.  Is there a way to add an overlay for empty cells as well?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Overlay with empty cell

@ericx,

You did not mention which version of JMP you are using. The picture below highlights the option Include Missing Categories. This example is Big Class, where column Sex2 is the same as sex with about 25% of the rows where no gender is specified.  

Hope that helps.

image.png

image.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
statman
Super User

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by your question.  If the cells are empty, then what do you want to appear? Empty cells have no content and therefore won't display anything.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
ericx
Level II

Yes, empty cells have no content but I'd like to still be able to see them show up as a reference. 

I could fill them in with "none" or something like that, but was wondering if there was I way I could avoid that. 

gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

@ericx,

You did not mention which version of JMP you are using. The picture below highlights the option Include Missing Categories. This example is Big Class, where column Sex2 is the same as sex with about 25% of the rows where no gender is specified.  

Hope that helps.

image.png

image.png

ericx
Level II

Thanks, that's what I was looking for!