Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Overlay variable for ONE graph only

Highlighted
morenopelaez_p

Community Trekker

Feb 24, 2015

I am trying to replicate a graph for which I have downloaded the exact same data but I am having trouble using overlay selectively.

This is the original graph:

Capture.PNG

and this is the most I manage to get:

Capture.PNG

My biggest issue is getting the accumulated black line. As I use overlay to create the stacked bars, the overlay applies to the points too and I end up getting plenty of points/lines...

Is there a way to have the overlay apply to only one of the graphs? Maybe via JSL?

While we are at it...:) As you can see, the other difference between the graphs is the order of the variables within the bars...can this be changed?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES
Byron_JMP

Staff

Apr 26, 2012

in Graph Builder, when the control panel is on, look on the left hand side where all the graph elements are.  At the bottom of each element, in your case, the Line element, there is a little grey disclosure triangle infront of the the word "variables"  click that grey triangle and then select which Y variables you want to use for the line, noting that you'll likely also need to include your X variable too. 

pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

While we are at it...:) As you can see, the other difference between the graphs is the order of the variables within the bars...can this be changed?

Right click on the column header for the variable in question.  

Select Column Info

Click Column Properties > Value Ordering

Rearrange the values according to your desired sort order

Programmatically you can do this like so:

dt = New Table( "", Add Rows( 3 ),
	New Column( "Column 1", Character, "Nominal",
		Set Values( {"a", "b", "c"} )
	)
);

column(dt, "Column 1") << Set Property( "Value Ordering", {"c", "a", "b"} );