cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Piet
Level I

Optimization with prediction profiler: Maximize responses while minimizing factors non-graphical

I am doing an optimization via the prediction profiler in a DoE Setting.

My goal is to maximize serveral responses Y while minimizing serveral factors X.

So I maximazed the Y`s and used the plots for each factor X to change them along the desirability trace until my lower specs for Y where exceeded. 

But is there a numeric/non-graphical way to maximize responses while minimizing factors with the prediction profiler?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Optimization with prediction profiler: Maximize responses while minimizing factors non-graphical

There is a simple trick that we teach in our custom design training course. Create a new data column for each factor to be minimized. Use a column formula with only the original factor data column. Add the Response Limits column property and set the goal to Minimize. Save the fitted model for the original responses. Now bring them all together using Graph > Profiler. Now you can use optimize desirability to simultaneously maximize the responses while minimizing the factors.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Optimization with prediction profiler: Maximize responses while minimizing factors non-graphical

There is a simple trick that we teach in our custom design training course. Create a new data column for each factor to be minimized. Use a column formula with only the original factor data column. Add the Response Limits column property and set the goal to Minimize. Save the fitted model for the original responses. Now bring them all together using Graph > Profiler. Now you can use optimize desirability to simultaneously maximize the responses while minimizing the factors.