Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

Open JMP took longer time in JMP18.1 compared to JMP17.2

Hello expert,

We have 5 PCs with JMP license - JMP 17.2.

We just upgraded 1 license to JMP 18.1 for software & system testing.

Observed that JMP 18.1 took longer time to open compared to JMP 17.2. The difference is almost 20 secs.

(It's really troublesome because I need to open JMP during meeting with our management & they cannot wait additional 20 secs)

Anyone else having this issue?

Why does it happen? Is it related to default preference?

What can be done to make it fast?

Refer below time taken;

PC 1 (JMP 17.2): 3 - 4 secs

PC 2 (JMP 17.2): 3 - 4 secs

PC 3 (JMP 17.2): 3 -4 secs

PC 4 (JMP 17.2): 3 - 4 secs

PC 5 (JMP 18.1): 22 - 23 secs.

WebDesignesCrow_0-1721202838920.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Open JMP took longer time in JMP18.1 compared to JMP17.2

Could have something to do with the my.jmp.com connection but most likely it shouldn't be that slow. Maybe contact JMP support, they could have some benchmark scripts / files they can send to you or ask to run to see what could be the issue (or if there is even an issue).

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Could have something to do with the my.jmp.com connection but most likely it shouldn't be that slow. Maybe contact JMP support, they could have some benchmark scripts / files they can send to you or ask to run to see what could be the issue (or if there is even an issue).

-Jarmo
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

Thanks @jthi .

Will contact JMP support on this because I may need to downgrade back to 17.2 if nothing can be done.

Not worth to add 20secs.

dlehman1
Level V

If the information you provided is all you have, then I'd be very suspicious of PC5.  From an experimental point of view, if this happens on only that machine, perhaps it is something about that machine.  At a minimum, can you confirm that PC5 opens JMP 17.2 more quickly? 

Also, while I agree that 20 seconds is too long, and I understand the time sensitivity of executives, "they cannot wait an additional 20 seconds" seems a bit extreme to me.  Couldn't you open JMP before any presentation?