Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Behrouz
Level I

OC Curve

Hi 

Does anyone know why I get this error message when I am using OC Curve function in JMP 17 and trying to change AQL and RQL values? 

Behrouz_0-1676452985259.png

Behrouz_1-1676453005116.png

4 REPLIES 4
MRB3855
Super User

Re: OC Curve

Looks to me like the x-axis is actually plotting 1-AQL and 1-RQL. So, 1-AQL should be less than 1-RQL.

1-AQL < 1-RQL  implies -AQL < -RQL implies AQL > RQL in this platform. So, assuming everything else is correct, your desired AQL, call this AQL*=1- AQL. As an example, if you want your AQL to be 0.1, put 0.9 in the "AQL" box. Similar for RQL. This is all very counterintuitive...not sure if this is a bug or intentional?

Behrouz
Level I

Thanks a lot for clarifying this.  

Hi Behrouz and MRB3855. Thank you for the feedback on OC Curves.

I think what's going on is there are two definitions of AQL and RQL. Suppose we will accept a lot if the defect rate is less than 0.1. From your responses, I believe you define AQL = defect rate = 0.1. In JMP 17.0, the OC Curves define AQL = 1 - defect rate, which here is 1 - 0.1 = 0.9. (RQL is defined similarly)

This definition is used by some (such as in the reference below from the STAT Center of Excellence). However, we have received additional feedback that this definition is counterintuitive and the developer of the OC Curves plans to address this in a future release (so that the OC Curves will use the definition AQL = defect rate).

OC Curve AQL Reference 1.png

Behrouz
Level I

Hi Jacob 

Thanks a lot for explanation and letting me know that I am not the only one that got confused by the definition of AQL/RQL :-). I don't really see the idea of plotting the RQL/RQL lines.